State Rebate Programs
Several states offer rebates on a first-come, first-served basis towards the installation of a MESys AutoPellet boiler or furnace. These rebates can significantly offset the cost of installing wood pellet heating systems.
There are also 26% Federal Tax Credits available for new residential installations. Learn more at our FAQ page.
In addition to state rebates and Federal Tax Credits, several easy financing options are available to most consumers.
Maine (Efficiency Maine)
33% up to $6,000 towards project costs
Eligible 1 to 4 unit residential buildings serving as a principal residence for occupants, new or retrofit.
- There are also Commercial Programs for larger buildings.
The system must include a bulk fill system that would provide continuous heat without human intervention for 2 weeks (estimated at 1 ton pellet capacity), or has a minimum 500 pound capacity fill bin and a permanently installed back-up heating system (propane, oil, natural gas) that automatically switches fuel sources and provides continuous central heat to the home using the same thermostatic control and heating distribution system as the pellet boiler if the biomass heating system runs out of pellets.
- For a complete list of program details, eligibility requirements, and qualifying systems, please use the link below.
Massachusetts (Massachusetts Clean Energy Center) *Currently Not Active*
- Base award of 45% up to $10,000
- Bulk storage must be between 3.0 and 5.0 tons
- Grantees must buy pellets delivered in bulk
- Energy audit is required
- Utility servicing the home must be one of the following: National Grid, NSTAR, Unitil, WMECO, or one of the following Municipal Lighting Plants: Ashburnham, Holden, Holyoke, Russell or Templeton.
- Project Sites must be residential properties; new or existing single family homes or buildings with up to four units are eligible for this program.
- Project Sites must be occupied year-round.
- Thermal storage required (additional $2,000 provided for this)
New Hampshire (NH Public Utilities Commission)
- 40% up to $10,000 towards equipment and installation
- Minimum 3.0 ton capacity bulk storage
- Primary residence only
30% up to $50,000 towards equipment and installation
Minimum 3.0 ton capacity bulk storage
30% up to $5,000 available as an add-on grant for qualifying thermal storage
Vermont (Efficiency Vermont & VT Clean Energy Development Fund)
- $6,000 towards equipment and installation
- Pellet boiler must reduce fossil fuel usage
- Fuel storage capacity sufficient to operate at least one week
- Replacement or expansion of existing biomass systems and/or components (including cord wood boilers) do not qualify.
- System must include:
a. Fuel storage capacity such that the system may continuously operate for a period of at least 14 days under peak load conditions;
b. Automated fuel feed from a bulk storage container/area to the burn chamber in an integrated path;
c. Automated on/off fuel feed control based on a demand for heat;
d. Bulk fuel storage container systems must be able to receive automated bulk delivery of pellets
- Customers are eligible for a $500 Pellet Storage Upgrade Adder for pellet storage systems that have at least 20 days of storage under peak load conditions.
- Residential and commercial installations qualify